Streng Agency Seeking New Business Development Associate (Hybrid of In-Office & Remote)
Streng Agency, located in St. Charles, Illinois, is looking for a part-time New Business Development Associate. This role will play an integral part in driving new business, winning new clients and work, and developing client relationships. Candidates should possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be self-starters with a deep sense of accountability, creativity, resourcefulness, and a spirit of constructive collaboration. The ideal candidate will have experience selling creative work, which may include graphic design, print catalogs, packaging, websites, brand identity and marketing strategy. Experience in account management or other organizational management is a huge plus, but not required.
This role is expected to be part time initially, approximately twenty hours per week. However, the successful expansion of new business for the agency could see the position quickly grow to full time new business and account management.
- This position is ideal for someone with a minimum of 3 years experience selling creative work and driving new agency business
- This candidate will require strong writing skills and the agility of learning to deep dive into a wide range of category and business challenges, and to synthesize complicated information into a clear narrative
- Excellent communication skills and strong relationship-building skills
- This person will also possess an ability and comfort working directly with and across all levels of an organization (from entry level to C-suite)
- Our ideal candidate has an understanding of brand and marketing strategy and a deep appreciation for print, digital and integrated marketing best practices
- Ability to listen to, and work closely with, both clients and creative teams to solve problems and prioritize needs effectively
- Comfortable leading meetings and engaging with business leads
- Ruthlessly organized, conscientious, and detail-oriented
- This role will play an integral part in driving agency revenue, winning new clients and work, and marketing the agency story — and helping to make key decisions that help shape the agency’s future
- This role will require travel, both locally and within the U.S
- You’ll use your skills to lead (and sometimes push) clients — creatively and strategically — to achieve solutions that positively impact their business
- In order to best represent the agency, your responsibilities will include learning agency philosophy, capabilities and credentials, while helping to create and expand an in-depth portfolio of Streng case studies and creative work
- Responsible for leading the relationship with clients, overseeing and actively managing the delivery of projects and programs involving cross-functional teams, from initiation through delivery
- Plans and directs schedules, provides oversight to project budgets
- Supports efforts to expand existing client relationships, and participates in other growth and business development opportunities
- Review deliverables with business stakeholders according to agreed milestones, ensure deliverables meet project requirements, and incorporate feedback
- Can be relied upon the meet schedules and deadlines
- Defines project scope and objectives based on marketing plans, objectives and strategies
- This person will be responsible for managing the Business Development inbox, organizing and keeping up to date Business Development/Marketing resources and libraries, research materials, job numbers, and financial tracking, and status and process documents
- They will be responsible for preparing and supporting — with the opportunity to also lead — internal and external meetings, lead identification, and RFP response
- They will also have a hand in improving and developing the new business, marketing, and agency process
Compensation is negotiable, but will be a combination of base salary and commission on client or project profitability.
Streng Agency is not a typical advertising agency. For that matter, Streng is not a typical business. This is due in part to our approach to solving everyday problems as creatively as possible.
Experiencing our culture is the best way to understand the kind of people we are and the amount of passion and enthusiasm with which we approach our clients’ problems. We have made it our ongoing practice to not only hire the best creative professionals that afford us experienced leadership, but also individuals that are driven to find new, provocative ways to change markets. We cannot speak about our culture without talking about the strong relationships we have with each other, our clients and our vendors. Relationships are central to whom and what we are. We are only a strong creative shop because we have great relationships with our clients and with their brands.
Streng has been providing consumer-moving marketing for over 35 years, and during that time we have developed a wide range of capabilities, specializing in advertising, marketing, branding, design, web development, SEO, and a totally integrated approach to all of these services and marketing tactics under one roof.
Learn more about us at strengagency.com.
No phone calls, please. Apply at strengagency.com/careers, or submit resume, cover letter and/or other relevant information to email@example.com.